Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

China Glaze Skyscraper and Essie SSN-franken

Hi guys, it's been busy couple of weeks! I just filed my income taxes the other day, and am super busy planning my April trip to Australia/NZ/Tokyo! It'll be a 2 week trip, and I'm dying for the time off!

I have a couple of blue glitter polishes to show you today; both were RAOKs from two lovely ladies :)

China Glaze Skyscraper - I was lemming this for a long time, but never got around to picking it up. Beautiful and super glittery-looking!




Franken of Essie Starry Starry Nights - I long gave up the idea of ever finding myself a bottle of SSN, so put a SSN-franken on my wishlist! It is made with Essie Silver Bullions so it even comes in an Essie bottle :)




Here's a bottle shot of the franken and the bottom label of what was used to create it. I believe the glitter in Silver Bullions is the same glitter that is used in Starry Starry Nights, but I don't know for sure. The recipe is below. BTW, I am wearing American Apparel Office in these pictures :)



Recipe: "And it is indeed about 3/4 Essie Silver Boullions, then enough WnW Nocturnal to get it the right color, probably 4-5 or so drops of black, and then I finished filling it up with the remaining Silver Boullions (it was SUCH an exact science ) I just added the black a little at a time, until it looked right!"

10 comments:

  1. thesmalllittlethingsinlifeMarch 14, 2012 at 11:56:00 AM EDT

    Very pretty! Starry Starry Night is basically impossible to find - but this franken is pretty awesome! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both looks so gorgeous on you!! But then again...everything does ;) I know you are so excited for your trip...you are going to have a such a blast! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd forgotten about Skyscraper but you've just reminded me why I wanted it in the first place.  Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up Skyscraper on clearance at Sally's, it was calling to me! LOL! Thanks for the great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a SSN franken with silver bullions so that it could be in an essie bottle too! Its so much more realistic that way ;3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used silver bullions, too. But you get a better base color with Barielle Berry Blue, then add a little Nocturnal (or a couple of drops of black) to darken a bit. Nocturnal alone is darker than SSN's blue base. BerryBlue is the best SSN franken base I've found; you can also use Color Club Blue-topia or that expensive NARS (forget the name, it's the navy version of Zulu--Midnight Express??) but they are dark dark teal at their heart, not the more blurple core of SSN. To get that, you need Berry Blue. I even added a few drops of Revlon Royal and a portion of Ink Heart by NYX (like Berry Blue but sheerer), plus some clear, to get a true SSN look--in person it's got a glowy quality that Nocturnal alone can't create. I agree that silver bulllions were probably what was used in SSN. I did add some of the Sinful silver glitter, though. ;-) I LOVE your franken! just shows that one doesn't need to spend umpty billion dollars on EBay! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I've just tracked down a bottle of Barielle Berry Blue after reading your suggestion here. What ratio of BB to Silver Bullions would you recommend, did you add clear as well? Thanks so much for any help you could give me.

    ReplyDelete