Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Butter London Wallis

I finally got my BL Wallis in the post from Nordies! I was really dying for this polish, but after receiving it, I'm not sure if I love it.

The finish is beautiful. It's foil-y and darkened at the edges. The formula is great; it was opaque in two coats. But I don't think the colour is flattering on my skintone. Bahhh. Since I decided only to keep polishes I love, I'm afraid I need to either take this back or swap it.

I'll at least wait for DBF's shoes to come in (somehow my polish got here faster than the shoes he ordered at Nordies) in case he needs to make an exchange as well. I'd like to take a look at the other fall BL polishes. Maybe I can find something I like better! :)

By the way, this is not a Nordstrom's exclusive. They just got the fall collection early, I think. But I've heard that Wallis was available at Ulta even before Nordies. Soooo, if this is your type of colour, and Nordies is too far, try Ulta!






Here's a bottle pic along with ChG Zombie Zest and OPI At Your Quebec & Call:


Here are the comparisons on the nail. Sorry I don't own Chanel Peridot.

Comparison: BL Wallis (2 coats) and China Glaze Zombie Zest (3 coats) - In person, the ChG is a lot more "snotty" looking. You guys all know how it looks :)


Comparison: BL Wallis (2 coats) and OPI At Your Quebec & Call (3 coats) - Similar base colour, but the finishes are completely different. Also BL Wallis is a little more yellow-greenish.


Comparison: BL Wallis (2 coats) and ChG Zombie Zest (1 coat) layered over OPI At Your Quebec & Call (3 coats) - This combination is sort of an approximation of BL Wallis. Not the same finish exactly, but if you aren't sure about this colour, maybe you can try this combo out.


I hope you guys had a good weekend. Mine was nice. DBF's family is really sweet and low-maintenance (compared to some of my friend's SO's family!). I went to Six Flags Great Adventure (the one in Jersey) with DBF's youngest brother (who is around 14, I think) and his cousin (she is late 20s) and we had a great time... although it was incredibly hot and the lines were horribly long. LOL.

We went on this roller coaster called Kingda Ka:


Here's a video I found on youtube of the front seat view:


It was amazing.

Ok, toodles! :)

12 comments:

  1. I am not loving this-too gold too glittery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, the polish got to you faster than the shoes? Whoa. (Rach from MUA here) Wallis looks great on you! Foily, you say? This is me adding it to my list of polishes to check out next time I'm near Nordies/Ulta.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wallis looks gorgeous but it does seem like it's a hard colour to pull off. Though I was concerned I couldn't get away with Peridot and I like it! Maybe that's what you should exchange Wallis for. It won't seem as expensive then! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wallis is pretty, but I actualy think I prefer the OPI....more subdued.  Great comparison shots as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww, i like it... but i love everything on you!  :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the OPI and ChG combo looks great!  I love ZZ

    ReplyDelete
  7.  I'm horrified of roller coasters! I rode one once when I was little but never again because I was sooo scared. I almost died just watching the video, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Wallis, and your swatches show it off beautifully...and it's really not at all like Peridot if you really need to know(I have both)... it's much golder, much sparklier, and has none of the duochrome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow gorgeous. I need to find some Butter Londons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there, I think if you put liqud leather  CG under the zombie zest you might get wallis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for posting this! I have both ZZ and AYQaC so I will try this combo asap! I just came back from Cedar Point with my kids and they have that coaster there as well. Its called Top Thrill dragster. Love!!

    ReplyDelete