Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

OPI Month: Glitzerland (and Orly Luxe)

It's Friday, hooray!!

My dentist visit yesterday went well. The hygienist was very nice, as was the dentist. I really wish electric toothbrushes were more affordable when I was growing up. Ever since I started using one, my dentist visits have been way better!

...Anyway, today's OPI is Glitzerland from the Swiss collection.
  • Formula: Very sheer polish, but the formula is not watery. I needed 4 coats for opaque coverage. BOO.
  • Colour: A pale gold. I think this type of gold suits me better than the more orange-y ones.
  • Finish: Very shimmery and sparkly! I like it a lot.

OPI Glitzerland



Comparison: OPI Glitzerland and Orly Luxe - They are not dupes. I think OPI is a tad more flattering and it's quite a bit more sparkly. However, what you're seeing is 4 coats of OPI and just 2 coats of the Orly.


Orly Luxe - I haven't shown you this before, because it was lent to me by my friend Noelie when we did our "swatch swap" (more on that after OPI month is done). Two coats.


Since Noelie generously said I could keep Orly Luxe, I am going to purge the OPI.

Have a great weekend, guys! I think I'm going to wear my crab manicure this weekend since we are going to a pool party tomorrow night.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't know that these were so similar. My winner would be Orly, because I can't imagine putting four layers of polish on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Luxe a lot better.  I'm not sure why... but it's just more appealing... 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Glitzerland has more silvery flecks in it--probably means it would look better on me than Luxe (though I haven't tried either one yet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I debate about this one all the time! It's very pretty on you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you actually have something called a crab manicure. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Glitzerland, but OPI Dazzled By Gold is my favorite gold EVAR.  As long as I have that one I'm not investing in another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a swatch swap!!! I would totally be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No contest, I so prefer Luxe, it's the best gold foil ever. I don't really like Glitzerland, it does not dry fast enough and is quite streaky. And I like Orly's Luxe color much better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I doubt I will ever see any of those Ulta exclusive holiday gold shades in real life, LOL. But I totally understand your loyalty to DbG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think everyone should have a crab manicure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. ^^ I hope you give them a whirl, I love your comparison posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, 4 layers means the colour has to be realllly something special!

    ReplyDelete